Good afternoon parents! I hope you had a good week.
We have had a great start to the school year. The students seemed to be settling into the new routines and rooms. Before you know it, graduation will be here!
Thursday packets from the office come home today. I am enclosing a digital copy in case yours get lost on the way.
1. Field Trip: Ropes Course on Friday, Sept 21. I am still missing some permission slips at this point. We really need to get those collected as soon as possible. I have sent an extra copy home if your child is missing it. We also need drivers for this field trip. In order to drive, you need to have a driver form on file with the office. You also need to have completed Safe Environment training with the archdiocese. I can check on both those requirements if you want to drive. So far, John and Chelsea’s families have offered to drive.
2. Technology Agreement: These are due on Friday, Sept 7. I am still missing some of these. I have sent an extra copy home if your child is missing it. In order to start using technology at school, we need to have these on file.
3. Move A Thon: 8th grade parents are the champions for this event. You will receive an email from the Parents Club with the link to the volunteer sign up in a couple weeks.. Please sign up to help or to send in fruit.
In addition, we are looking for monatary donations from each family. Information went out in the August mailing and in the newsletter. We are really looking for 100% participation in this event.
4. Uniform Guidelines: Most students are doing a great job with our uniform. There are a few small clarifications from the dress code last year. Please watch for the correct SOLID color of socks (red, blue, black or white). In addition, leggings can be worn under shorts or skirts but not on their own. As a reminder, boots are not allowed until after Nov. 1. As your child grows, check out the uniform exchange for appropriately sized clothes.
Full uniform information is in the school handbook or on the website at
5. High School: It might seem to be an overwhelming progress as we transition your children to high school but I am here to walk you through the process. Each month, we will highlight the steps to take on this journey.
A. Shadow days: As soon as possible, go to the high school websites and sign your student up to shadow a student for a day. They are given an excused absence from school here to attend these days. These spots go fast so do it this week!! We ask that you try to not schedule more than one per week. If you have registered your student to do a high school visit, please let me know the dates. Try to avoid Oct 22-26 as we will be taking the ITBS that week.
B. There is a regional Catholic high school information night on the eastside is Wednesday, October 4 at 7 pm at Sacred Heart in Bellevue. If you can’t make it either of those nights, there are other nights available around the region:
You can find more information on their individual websites. Links to all these are here:
D. Paperwork: I sent home 2 papers Tuesday about these items. The first is a flyer about the HS Information Nights. The reverse has a great summary of testing, fees and deadlines for each school. I also sent home a planning guide for families to keep track of their progress. I would love for families to bring that form back to conferences in November to discuss.
Have a great week!!