I hope you all had a good mid winter break. The students all benefit from the time to rest and recharge!
1. Catholic School acceptance letters have arrived. Congratulations to all those receiving admission to the schools. If you have any questions about the enrollment process, it is best to reach out to the individual schools.
2. We have about 2 weeks left in this grading period. Your students should be checking PowerSchool and making sure all their assignments are turned in.
3. Lunchroom – If you student brings a lunch from home, they should bring any utensils needed to eat it. We cannot supply forks and spoons for those who are not buying lunch.
4. Lent: We have entered the season of Lent and lots of great activities are planned to mark this time of preparation before Easter.
– Lenten Journals: All upper school students have a Lenten Journal to complete. The theme this year Virtues. Each week, the students consider a different virtue to reflect on. This week we are focusing on kindness.
– Stations of the Cross: 8th graders will be attending Stations every Friday in Lent. On Good Friday, April 10, they will be the leaders for the parish Stations of the Cross. This is an important service to our parish and school community. You are welcome to join us at noon in the church on April 10.
– Service Projects:
—– Toiletry kits: We are collecting items to create personal care kits. Your students can bring in shampoo, soap, washcloths, toothbrushes, toothpaste and other personal care items from now until Good Friday.
—- On Good Friday, we will be collecting gently used household goods for St. Vincent de Paul. Collections will happen before school, before Stations at noon and after school.
– 30 Pieces of Silver and Rice Bowl: These collections support various charities and missions of the school and the church. Encourage your student to earn some money to participate.
5. Field Trip – coming up on March 24 – watch for permission slip soon!