Attached is the school newsletter from the Thursday packet.
1. Catholic Schools Week – a great week to celebrate our school!
A. This Sunday is our Open House!
– Thanks to all who have volunteered as SMS Ambassadors or singing in the choir at 11 am Mass.
– Please invite family and friends who may want to consider our school for their children’s education.
B. Please see the flyer about special events happening this week. Some days are special dress up days. If a student chooses not to participate, they should be in uniform instead.
C. Wednesday is Grandfriends’ Day. Mass will start at 8:45 followed by a pancake breakfast. Students are welcome to bring a grandparent or friend to Mass and breakfast.
D. Book Fair – Our first Scholastic Book Fair is happening this week. Students will have the chance to explore the sale and buy books. It will also be open each day after school until 3:30 for parents to shop.
2. Valentine Day Lunches. Forms are going home Monday explaining the lunch process. Your child also needs a signature on his/her form indicating that the lunch requested is okay with you. They will receive their assignments late next week.
3. Reminder: There is no school on Friday, Feb 14. The following week is our annual mid Winter break.
4. Please check your students’ uniforms. Some are growing out of them again! There are additional pants and skirts in the uniform exchange if your child has grown inches in the past few months.
5. We are about 2/3 of the way through the second trimester. Encourage your student to check PowerSchool for missing assignments or grades that can be improved. Now is the time to do this instead of waiting until the last week of the trimester!
Have a great day!