The rain has arrived! It is a reminder that time is passing. Our first trimester will be ending soon. It would be a good time to have your student check into PowerSchool and make sure they are keeping up their grades and not behind on assignments.
Notes for the next couple weeks.
1. ITBS – Next week, we are doing the standardized testing for the year. By doing it early in the year, we can use the results to help guide instruction and make plans for the rest of the year.
Here is what you can do: Make sure your child
– Gets a good night sleep.
– Eats a good breakfast.
– Has a couple of #2 pencils.
– Brings a calculator for Tuesday
– Brings a book to read
Homework will be light this week since we want students to get a good night sleep.
2. Halloween Party
Thursday, Oct 31 at 1:30 pm. Students can change into their costume right before the party. They cannot wear their costume the entire day. Watch for a Sign Up Genius from the parent party planners.
3. Thank you to all who have been coming to the high school conferences these last few weeks. Hopefully these have helped with your high school planning.
4. Taproot Theater: On Wednesday, Nov 6, Taproot Theater will be presenting a play. See the attached flyer for more information. All are welcome – bring your friends!
5. Confirmation Meeting: This Sunday, there will be an information meeting about Confirmation at 12:30 in the Social Hall (lunchroom). If you have a student who would like to be confirmed, you may want to consider attending.