October is going to be a great month!
1. Move a thon is next Thursday! Thank you to all families who have helped to make this a success. One note: I will not be at school on that day but my sub Sue Peck has lots of experience with the middle school at SMS. She and Terry Maguire will help it be a great day for your students.
2. Our annual Iowa testing is coming up on Oct 21-25. The best way to prepare is to make sure your student has plenty of sleep, good nutritious food and some #2 pencils!
3. High School:
A. Thank you to all who have signed up for a high school conference with me. If you haven’t, there are still slots available. Let me know if these times do not work for you and I can find another time.
B. There are a few Information Nights for high schools next week!
C. Open Houses start soon!
4. Confirmation – The age of confirmation is moving down and an information meeting will be held on Sunday, Oct 20. If you want your child confirmed in the Catholic church, plan on attending to learn more about the process. There is a flyer attached about this meeting.
5. Watch for information from your room parent about the Halloween party on Oct 31. Please help your child choose an appropriate costume for the party.
6. Finally, the entire 8th grade met dress code for the month of September and will enjoy a non-Uniform day tomorrow! Great work 8th grade!